Posted by : Ebrant10 Monday, April 20, 2015

I've been thinking of what to post since the last and this came to me yesterday. Reading comments on a friends instagram picture between him and a bait guy who has the typical opening day hero shot with a "trophy golden rainbow" on his insta. The bait guy was busting on my friend because he was on a 4 day trip and put a picture of one fish up and called it a success.  It got me thinking, what makes a trip like that a success. We've all been there, grinding away for hours on the stream and our efforts are fruitless.



I think back to the fall to my trip to the Delaware river, in the weeks leading up to it I was talking about how great of a trip it was gonna be and I was wanting to finally get that toad of the year. A lot of you know the outcome but needless to say, after a 12 hour drift I had one follow to talk about. Zero fish to hand and no hero shot with that big wild brown! Would I ever call that trip unsuccessful? Absoutley not! While I didn't get that fish I was after what I did get was the escape, those few days getting away from the headaches of everyday life. I wasn't worried about the bills that needed paid or what was needing to happen at the farm. It was for those few days I was free, I had a lot of laughs with a good friend and had a great trip despite the fact I didn't have a fish to show for it. 

What I'm trying to get at here is the next time your out there and getting your butt kicked, reel up and sit down for 10 or 15 minutes and just take it in and look at what the good lord has in front of you. Think about a day or two earlier, you were probably day dereaming at work of being right where your sitting. Be glad your not day dreaming and then get back to it. I'd be willing to bet you would rather be out there getting beat up fishing than you would be working or dealing with the same old same old. 


Tight lines
Evan

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Sideling Hill Hackle - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -