Posted by : Ebrant10 Tuesday, February 25, 2014

On Sunday February 16 I had enough of cabin fever and met up with my friend Anthony who owns Almost Heaven Fly shop for a few hours on the water. Water temperatures weren't in our favor and never made it out of the high 30s. But we didn't let that stop us or the two and a half feet of snow we had to wade through to get to the stream. It ended up being about as good as you could ask for winter fishing to be, and I feel sure if we would have stayed for another hour or so we both would have made it to double digits. The stream we fished has loads of big stoneflys, making the anchor nymph choice easy. Droppers we caught fish on were bwo nymphs and midge larva. Highlights of the day were Anthony's 13/14" wild rainbow which was one of the prettiest fish I've ever seen personally. And I caught a nice 16/17" wild brown that put up an excellent fight for being the dead of winter. All in all it was great to get out and even better to get into some fish. Posts coming up will be on this coming weekends trip to the Lancaster show with Ty from over at keystoneflyfishing.blogspot.com we'll be stopping on the way home at what some call the country's hardest stream. And I'm having some streamers tied using my feathers by my good friend and fellow hackle rancher from out in Nevada, Kevin. Stay warm friends BWOS and sulphurs are right around the corner!

{ 3 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Nice post man. I might meet up with you and Ty Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome man, shoot me an email if you want laidigview@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

- Copyright © Sideling Hill Hackle - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -